2008-11-30

meet the in-laws' in-laws


i've now met my in-laws' future in-laws. it was a great thanksgiving. it's the first thanksgiving in a very long time that i had some pancit and lumpia on my dish during a holiday. oh yeah, the add-on in-laws are filipino. not like it really matters but i've been apart from most my family for a while and i'm excited to welcome a new part to my family. possibly a part that may be able to help me learn about my family's home country.


i'm not in it for the filipino food... i can get a whole lot of that from friends at church and restaurants in the city i grew up in, daly city. the local mall was lovingly called serramanilla (serramonte) because of the amount of filipinos in that area.

as you could see from the image on the right, we had LOTS of food. it was more than enough for twelve people and one of us is pregnant. uh, not me. it's my sister in-law in the back left of the photo. we got to pass around the ultrasound pictures and those of us who don't have the best eyesight in the world got to guess body parts. yep it was fun.

i get to be a tita / auntie in five more months. YAY... i'm real excited about that.


Merry belated gobble gobble everyone!

----------------
Now playing: Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: